Children, Teens, & Adults
During this encounter, the physician will be able to provide the following:
- Personalized assessment, and guidance
- Evaluation of current diet, eating habits and lifestyle behaviors
- Help you recognize and replace unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits with sustainable healthy choices
- Help you set short and long-term dietary and lifestyle goals
- Nutrition prescription outlining healthy eating and lifestyle behaviors
- Practical strategies for helping to set, achieve, and maintain dietary
- Develop a meal plan with delicious healthy recipes
- Create a dialogue that inspires behavioral change
Good Nutrition is Fundamental
Instilling proper nutrition in children and young adults is crucial to physical and emotional health. A healthy, balanced diet can help the body and brain to develop properly, and it helps them maintain an ideal body weight. With the increase in childhood and adult obesity, it’s important to recognize the need for adequate nutrition practices in households. After all, diets that are high in sugar and salt, as well as processed foods, won’t just affect your and your child’s weight but will also increase the risk for a variety of chronic diseases including diabetes.
Learn How to Shop, Cook & Eat Healthy
Dr. Stacy Hausmann can help you create a better nutrition plan for you and your family to help prevent obesity and other medical conditions utilizing evidence-based knowledge. We help you achieve this by obtaining individualized and personalized nutrition assessments and by creating a personalized nutrition prescription to help you optimize your health.
What are the benefits of turning to us?
- Daytime, Evening and Weekends Appointments
- Telemedicine Option via a HIPAA compliant platform
- Learn how to improve your nutrition and cook healthy and delicious home cooked meals with little time on a budget
- Learn how to cook foods which can decrease your risk for cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes.
- Learn how to overcome barriers to home cooking
Transform your Kitchen into a Healthy Haven
Everyone knows just how important healthy eating and exercise are for maintaining a healthy body and mind; however, a lot of people don’t understand what proper nutrition entails. Plus, those with health problems or those at risk for certain health issues may have different needs than someone who doesn’t have certain risk factors. This is why turning to our physician to map out a proper nutrition plan may be helpful for achieving your health goals.
If you have children, you also want your little ones to grow up healthy and strong. Of course, this means making sure that they are eating a healthy, balanced diet. While some children seem to be naturally curious eaters who will try anything, we also know that it can be more challenging for families who have picky eaters.
If you are concerned about you or your child’s diet and you are having trouble getting you or your child to eat healthier whole foods, then it may be time to map out a customized plan with our physician at North Woodmere Medical Care.
Our goal is to empower children and adults to choose healthier foods, help you achieve your nutrition goals and prevent lifestyle related diseases
Dr. Hausmann completed Clinicians CHEF (Culinary Health Education Fundamentals) Coaching Basics and Beyond the Basics provided by Harvard Medical School. Dr. Hausmann is currently Board Certified in Lifestyle Medicine from the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and Board Eligible in the Certified Culinary Medicine Specialist Program (CCMS designation) provided by the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine at Tulane University.
If you are concerned about you or your child’s diet and want to learn how to shop, cook and eat healthy home cooked meals know that you can turn to Dr. Hausmann here in Valley Stream, NY. To schedule an appointment please call North Woodmere Medical Care at (516) 791-9010.
We see patients from the Five Towns (Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Lawrence, Hewlett, and Inwood), Far Rockaway, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Oceanside and other communities.