Patient Forms, Map and Directions to Valley Stream (North Woodmere) Office
Thank you for choosing North Woodmere Medical Care, PLLC, where we always provide a comfortable and caring environment so our patients and their families can feel at ease. We value our commitment to no wait time. We've included helpful items on this page to ensure your first trip to our office is time efficient, productive, stress-free and enjoyable.
We are happy to provide our office forms for your convenience through online pre-registration. If you're preparing for your first visit, you can do a few things to help expedite the appointment. Please complete the patient forms from the comfort of your own home or mobile device prior to coming for your visit. Please provide the following information when you arrive for your visit:
- Insurance card
- Credit Card information
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine
If you have any questions, please call our office and our courteous staff will assist you in preparing for your first visit.
Our practice is committed to providing sick visits, immediate, and after-hours care to children and young adults when their primary care physician is unavailable in a state-of-the-art facility. Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our patients and their families by consistently providing our patients with compassionate, comprehensive and personalized care to optimize your physical and emotional health and wellness.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children and young adults we serve by providing quality care in a warm and friendly environment.
- Taking all the time that is necessary to explain your medical problem and treatment plan
- Listening to and encouraging our patients and their families to ask questions about their care
- Providing patient education that fosters health promotion and disease prevention
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal physical and emotional health and wellness and empowering you to choose healthier behaviors
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing medical education
Dr. Hausmann provides a warm and friendly environment to make every visit to the office a pleasant, relaxed and enjoyable experience.
- Prior to your visit you will be sent a COVID-19 screening questionnaire to determine if you are able to be seen in person or via a tele-medicine visit. If you are coming to the office with an accompanying person they will also be screened for COVID-19.
- If you are seen at the office the initial history will be obtained via telemedicine or phone.
- Upon arrival please contact us from your car to inform us that you have arrived. Please ensure that all patient forms and the check-in process have been completed prior to arrival.
- Each person above 2 years of age will be required to wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose.
- We will inform you when to come to the office door where you and your accompanying person will be greeted and have a temperature check prior to entering. You will immediately be escorted to a patient room or seen in a private outside area.
- Once you enter the outside and office area there is no wait time, their are no other patients in the outside or office, and you are immediately seen by the physician
- Social distancing is strictly maintained except when the physician approaches the patient for examination and any necessary tests
- The physician will evaluate you in full medical grade protective gear including mask, gloves, gown, and face shield.
- Purell hand sanitizer and Kleenex is available throughout the outside and inside of the office.
- There is plexiglass situated inside the office area.
- The patient room, office and outside area will be disinfected with EPA approved CDC recommended medical grade disinfectant against coronavirus and other viruses and bacteria throughout the shift and before and after each patient.
- Each room is ventilated with HEPA filters and increased air ventilation.
- If a rapid test is performed you will be asked to please wait in your car until the results are ready.
- The physician will then call you to explain results, diagnosis, management plan and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- If no rapid test is performed the patient will be asked to go to the car and the physician will call you to discuss the diagnosis, plan and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- Please refer to the COVID-19 Testing page for more instructions and safety measures for COVID-19 testing performed in an outside area.