Health and Wellness Personalized Assessments and Plans for Children and Adults
Dr. Hausmann is Board Certified in Lifestyle Medicine. Lifestyle Medicine focuses on treating, reversing and preventing chronic disease through empowering and working with patients to recognize and adopt sustainable healthy lifestyles utilizing an evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine approach.
Dr. Hausmann works with each of her patients with compassion and warmth to help them to recognize unhealthy lifestyle behaviors that can contribute to the development and worsening of disease. Dr. Hausmann collaborates with each patient to help create a personalized plan that aims to guide and empower her patients to replace unhealthy lifestyle behaviors with sustainable healthy behaviors.
- Nutrition Assessment and Prescription: Learn how to shop, cook, eat and live healthy
- Risk Factor Assessment: Identify unhealthy diet and lifestyle behaviors and provide options for sustainable healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Develop a regular and consistent exercise routine
- Develop strategies to manage stress, build resiliency and improve your mental health
- Develop skills to avoid risky substances (tobacco, alcohol and other drugs)
- Learn the importance of and skills to maintain healthy social relationships
- Techniques to improve quality and quantity of sleep without the need for medication
The best way to prevent diseases from affecting your health is to live a healthy lifestyle
Everyone would agree that if they could avoid getting sick, they would. But we often don't think about going to the doctor when we are healthy or about how our lifestyle behavior impacts our physical and emotional health and wellness.
CLINICAL LIFESTYLE MEDICINE PROGRAM
PERSONALIZED READINESS, NUTRITION, STRESS, EXERCISE AND SLEEP ASSESSMENT AND PLAN, HISTORY AND PHYSICAL EXAM, SCREENING AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO LIFESTYLE DISEASES
- Lifestyle Vital Signs (Physical Activity, Diet, Stress, Sleep, Emotional Well Being, Tobacco Use, Alcohol consumption and BMI)
- Risk Factor Assessment (Identify Unhealthy Diet and Lifestyle Behaviors, & Screening for Prediabetes, Diabetes, Cholesterol and more)
- Physical Examination (Blood Pressure, Pulse, Weight, Waist Circumference and Comprehensive Physical Examination)
- Lab Work and Interpretation (Obtain Screening and Diagnostic Tests that are Relevant to Lifestyle Diseases)
- Diagnosis and Management (Diagnosis of Lifestyle Related Diseases and Provide Evidence-Based Lifestyle Medicine Intervention and Treatment to Help Prevent or Reverse Disease)
- Patient Engagement (Develop in Partnership with the Patient a Personal and Specific Action Plan, Empower and Work with Patients to Set & Reach Personal Goals, and Provide Ongoing Follow Up)
What Is Lifestyle Medicine?
Lifestyle Medicine focuses on preventing, treating, and reversing chronic disease by empowering and collaborating with patients to recognize unhealthy lifestyle behaviors and replace with sustainable healthy lifestyle behaviors utilizing an evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine approach. Lifestyle Medicine focuses on the root of the disease and attempts to mitigate and eliminate symptoms by treating the root cause.
Similar to preventive medicine, the purpose of these medical services is to take proper measures to ensure that a patient remains free of the physical and mental disorders that can be brought on by lifestyle behaviors.
Millions of people die from illnesses that could have been prevented, such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Our goal is to arm yourself with both knowledge and quality medical care, to help treat, reverse and prevent illnesses from developing and/or progressing.
One way people of all ages can try to prevent the onset and progression of illness is by having regular check-ups and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even if you are not experiencing symptoms and feel perfectly fine, a lifestyle medicine assessment can screen for potential issues.
Many conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes can be “silent killers.” Often, patients only discover that they have these conditions by coming in for a standard well visit. Part of our lifestyle medicine assessment is to screen you for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and provide lifestyle recommendations and guidance to prevent, treat and or reverse disease.
Adopting healthy habits can reduce your chances of developing certain illnesses, decrease symptoms of existing disease, reverse chronic disease and improve your physical and emotional health. That's why it's important to have a personalized evaluation with a Lifestyle Medicine Physician who can assess your lifestyle risks for disease and help you to create a personalized plan that focuses on preventing, treating, and reversing chronic disease. Dr. Hausmann collaborates with each patient to empower them to adopt sustainable healthy behaviors that can optimize your physical and emotional wellness.
We Will Help Empower you to Change Your Lifestyle Behaviors to Prevent, Treat and Reverse Chronic Disease
Improve Your Physical and Emotional Wellness Today!
If you are looking for a doctor that can provide you with optimal care to help you improve your physical and emotional wellness, then turn to Dr. Stacy Hausmann at North Woodmere Medical Care in Valley Stream, NY, by calling (516) 791-9010.
Dr. Stacy Hausmann believes in promoting a healthy life through optimizing nutrition, weight management, physical activity, sleep, social relationships, mental health, and lifestyle changes. She also provides personalized and compassionate sick visits, immediate and after-hours care for children and adults. We see patients from the Five Towns (Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Lawrence, Hewlett, and Inwood), Far Rockaway, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Oceanside, and other communities.