To ensure the highest safety of all our patients and staff, we are following the CDC and New York State Department of Health Guidelines to make our office safe for you and your family.
Please call for an appointment prior to coming and inform our staff if you have any symptoms of coronavirus and/or recent travel.
All COVID-19 Testing will be performed in a private outside and well-ventilated area
Prior To Your Visit
- You will be sent a COVID-19 screening questionnaire to determine if you are able to be seen in person or via a tele-medicine visit. A COVID-19 screener will also be obtained on any accompanying person with a patient.
- Patients can complete the entire check-in process in the comfort of their own home or on a mobile device prior to arrival or a tele-medicine visit.
- The initial intake will occur via telemedicine or phone.
- Upon arrival please contact us from your car to inform us that you have arrived. Please ensure that all patient forms and the check-in process have been completed prior to arrival.
- Each person above 2 years of age will be required to wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose.
- We will inform you when to come to the office door where you will be greeted and have a temperature check prior to entering. There are purell hand sanitizer stations before you enter, and upon entering the outside and inside areas. If you are not seen in the outside area you will be greeted by the door and escorted immediately to a patient room. To minimize your risk of exposure to COVID-19 there is no waiting room, no wait time and no other patients in the outside area or the office at the time of your visit.
- Social distancing is maintained except when the physician approaches the patient for examination and any necessary tests.
- There is plexiglass situated throughout the office including the reception desk and in the patient room.
- The physician will evaluate you in full medical grade protective gear including mask, gloves, gown, and face shield.
- Purell hand sanitizer will be available outside and inside the office.
- The patient will be asked to return to their car after the evaluation, testing and physical examination are performed.
- The physician will call you to interpret any laboratory testing, discuss the diagnosis, next steps, provide guidance and give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
- The patient room and office will be disinfected with EPA approved CDC recommended medical grade disinfectant against coronavirus and other viruses and bacteria throughout the shift and before and after each patient.
- Each room is ventilated with HEPA filters and increased air ventilation.
- Please also refer to more information about COVID-19 safety measures, and instructions on the New Patient and COVID-19 Testing page for North Woodmere Medical Care.