When Is Immediate Care Necessary?
A good rule of thumb to follow is: If you or your child or teen is dealing with an injury or health problem that isn’t life threatening but does require immediate treatment, it does not always require you to go to the ER. Instead, simply give us a call and let us know what’s going on and we will inform you if you should make an appointment with our office, go to the urgent care center or ER. Here at North Woodmere Medical Care, we provide medical care and treatment to kids of all ages through young adults.
If you require care after normal office hours, we also have after-hours services Saturday-Thursday to ensure that your child or young adult gets treatment whenever they need it.
Why choose us for Immediate Care?
- We offer convenient Daytime, Evenings and Weekend appointments with NO WAIT TIME
- We offer sick visits to children and young adult patients when their physician is unavailable or closed.
- There is no need to change your primary care pediatrician or family medicine physician
- We offer many services that an urgent care offers situated in a state-of the art facility
- We are equipped with state-of-the-art technology to provide you with fast and reliable results
- We offer on site-lab tests with results in minutes and no delay in treatment: COVID-19, flu, strep, RSV, pregnancy and urinalysis and more
- Create an ongoing relationship with the same physician each time you need immediate care
- We are following the CDC and New York State Department of Health guidelines to keep outpatients and staff safe and healthy.
Immediate care is great for treating:
- Flu and other respiratory infections
- Strep throat
- Cuts and burns
- Insect bites
- Strains and sprains
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Allergies or asthma
- Minor injuries
- And much more
Serious issues such as severe allergic reaction, seizures, head injuries, signs of dehydration, trouble breathing, chest pain and very high fevers require emergency medical attention. In these instances, you should call 911 and go directly to your nearest ER.
Visit Us Today
Located in Valley Stream, NY, our mission is to provide you with compassionate, comprehensive and personalized care that you need. We also strive to provide our patients with the tools they need to lead a healthy life. This includes discussing and managing nutrition, mental health, wellness, and weight management. Dr. Hausmann also provides consultations to create personalized wellness plans to help optimize your physical and emotional wellness.
If you or your child is dealing with a minor health problem or a minor injury that requires a sick visit, or immediate care, then contact Dr. Stacy Hausmann at North Woodmere Medical Care at (516) 791-9010 to schedule a same-day appointment. We see patients from the Five Towns (Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Lawrence, Hewlett, and Inwood), Far Rockaway, and other communities.